Healthy Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi 4SP
- 1 spaghetti squash (at least 4 lbs.)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. (about 16) raw large shrimp, peeled, tails removed, deveined
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Light or Brummel & Brown)
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional topping: chopped fresh parsley
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry 5SP
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
2 tsps of finely chopped ginger.
1 cup of chicken broth.
3 tbsps of soy sauce.
2 tsps of sugar.
2 cups of broccoli flowerets.
2 tsps of cornstarch.
HOW TO MAKE:
Over medium high heat, heat a sprayed 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add in the chicken, garlic and ginger fry until brown for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add ¾ cup of broth, soy sauce and sugar and cook covered for 5 minutes stirring halfway.
Add in broccoli and cook covered for an additional 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
In a small bowl, mix together the ¼ cup of broth with the cornstarch and pour in the skillet.
Cook while stirring to thicken the sauce.
Easy, peasy and delicious! Fried broccoli adds an amazing flavor to my chicken, it’s so delicious guys, I’m telling you! I had this with a warm vegetable salad it was just perfect.
WW SP: 5